Thursday, January 8, 2009

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful....

Tuesday, January 6th, we once again packed up our girls and headed to Orlando International Airport for an 8 hour ordeal (with layovers) to get to Utah. I must admit, Maiya is a fabulous flyer. She knows the drill and she is very easy to fly with. Hailey, however, is not quite as seasoned as Maiya. It is NOT entertaining for her (or her parents) to hold her for over 4 hours while flying to Utah.

When we landed in Utah it was snowing. Maiya anxiously watched out the small airplane window as the snowflakes floated to the ground. She was absolutely mesmerized.....until we walked onto the jetway. The wind was blowing and a gust happened to come through just as we were exiting the plane. Maiya looked up at me all disgusted and said, "Mom, I think I am allergic to snow. It makes me cold." I thought, "Oh...this is going to a looooong seven days." I looked at Todd and said, "Really? I left 84 degree weather for this?" But my attitude changed shortly after we arrived at my sister, Gayle's house and saw that precious little baby...just 8 days old. Little Brooklyn Kaye Smith arrived on December 29th after 36 hours of labor (they finally took her c-section). She is just a little bundle. She alone made it worth enduring the frigid cold. For the last two day we've done pretty much nothing but hold that little baby and stay inside.

P.S. Maiya has discover "sledding" which has cured her of the "snow allergy."


Maiya loved holding little Brooklyn.

No comments: