Sunday, November 9, 2008

Occupational Hazard?

So today started out as any Sunday does. Todd got up at the crack of dawn to get ready for his morning Bishopric meetings. I have been feeling not-so-good and Maiya has had a bit of the flu (or at least an upset tummy. She's been going to the bathroom every 20 - 30 minutes) I told Todd we probably would stay home to recuperate. Plus if Maiya really does have the flu (it's been going around) I didn't want her to expose the other Primary children to the bug.

At about 9:00 am the phone rang. It was Todd on his cell and I figured he was just calling to check on our status. But instead he told me he was at the Insta-Care waiting to be seen to get some stitches. So here's the story. Todd was opening the accordion doors between the Chapel and the overflow when the curtain got stuck on the track and he slammed his head into the metal edge. This caused a gash about 1 1/2 inches long in his head, right above his hair line.

Once at the insta-care, the doctor looked at it and said he was going to put 3 staples in his head. And to top it off...the doctor was not going to do any numbing because it would require 4 shots which would be more painful than the staples themselves. They "stapled" him up and he went back to church. He missed Bishopric meeting and 1/2 of PEC but made it to the rest of the meetings. The staples will be removed in 5 days. I tried to take a picture but with Todd's super thick hair it was hard to get a decent shot.

2 comments:

Cammy Aller said...

Hey Kendra didnt know you had a blog? I can not believe Todds head! I know I would be crying! Im glad he is fine and hope Mayia feels better soon. Cammy

Jen said...

Poor Todd. What a trooper... i would have gone home. i bet he had a huge headache. it is a funny story :)