Maiya was sent home from school on Monday with a temperature of 102 degrees. She wasn't complaining of any other symptom so Todd just started her on Tylenol and Motrin (alternating) to hopefully bring her fever down. Tuesday she still had a fever. She had a
sched
uled playdate with Ella Jackson (her new
BFF at school) that morning. Unfortunately we had to cancel. When Todd called Ella's mom to let her know, we learned Ella, too, was running a fever. So there was something going around.
Maiya spent all of Tuesday resting and still on the medicine in hopes the fever would break. By this morning (Wednesday) she still had a fever. It had now been 48 hours and I told Todd we needed to take her to see her doctor. Todd made an appointment for 9:30 am and I left for work.
After a morning of meetings I finally had a break long enough that I could call Todd to see how the doctors appointment went. Well....(and here's the "Murphy's Law" part) by the time Todd got
Maiya to the doctor she was feeling fine and when the nurse took her temperature it was 98.7 degrees!!! Dr. Watson still saw her and said there is a virus going around that is lasting from 2 to 7 days. Big sigh of relief.
Wheeeww!
I got home from work at 6:30 and
Maiya was laying on the couch a bit
lethargic. I took her
temperature again and it was 100.4 degrees.
Geez!!! When is it going to end. So we've returned to administering the Tylenol/Motrin. Hopefully it will break soon.
1 comment:
it never ends! Naomi gets sick and stays sick for months! I hope the girls get better soon and you don't get it!
Post a Comment