Sunday, October 19, 2008

Vacuuming Lessons


Yesterday Maiya came to me with her chin quivering and great big alligator tears in her eyes. Of course I asked her what was the matter. She said in the saddest voice ever, "Dad won't let me vacuum. He said I need to take lessons!" Todd does all the vacuuming (and all the laundry and dishes and cooking and cleaning and lawn mowing....I know, I am very spoiled) and is very particular about his vacuuming. When Maiya asked him if she could vacuum he had told her not today. When she questioned why not today he told her because she needed to learn how first. Distraught, she came to me asking where she could go to get lessons. It was so cute. Not wanting to crush her cleaning spirit I decided a good place to get a "vacuuming lesson" would be with the Swiffer we use to sweep the tile. I told her I would let her "vacuum" the bathroom as her first lesson. You would have thought I had just promised her a Hot Fudge Sundae. She was elated. Now, with any luck she'll carry this "cleaning desire" into her teenage years!! (I know...wishful thinking)

1 comment:

JT said...

Poor Maiya!!! :) I am not sure when you are going to be in UT, but I will email you so we can grab lunch or something. Miss you tons and can't wait to see the fam!!!